Saturday, October 8, 2011

Last week!

The big things this week were: sleeping through dinner on fast Sabbath, Conference, field trip, midterms, and an organ concert! 

Sleeping through Dinner
  You know that feeling of being woken up in a complete panic, realizing that you slept through dinner on fast Sabbath.. Well that was the feeling I had!.. Let me just tell you its probably one of the worst feelings ever. Liz and I decided to take a nap on Saturday, because when you can’t eat I guess you sleep... Neither of us thought to set our alarms thinking we would never sleep 3 hours. But we did! Liz woke up in a complete panic yelling its 4:50 we missed dinner and instantly my heart dropped we changed into Sabbath close and ran up to find that dinner was all eaten, gone, put away. I literally almost started to cry I was so hungry! Luckily they found some fruit for us so we had a couple pieces of bread and some apples... Later that night, after we watched the first session of Conference, it seemed to be a huge story told here in the JC so one of the girls asked me about it and I told her the story.  My cute professor was behind me and heard that I hadn’t eaten and was starving so him and his wife kidnapped me and invited me over for dinner.  It was so yummy!! I had been craving a good home cooked meal for a long time.  I told them I was totally fine with coming and visiting anytime they wanted!

The field trip was to the Negev Desert-
  The Negev Desert is basically everything you think it will be really hot, dusty, and there's not a whole lot to look at.. While there went to a Bedouin town and visit a non profit organization run but this cute old lady that has really change the lives for the Bedouin women there.  She opened up this place where women can come and get an education and told us that she was the first lady there to get a driver's license! 
   
Midterms
  Quick sentence on midterms…. They were ridiculously hard but they are over now thank goodness!

Organ Concert
   A group of us got special permission to go out into the Old city after dark.. For those of you who don’t know we have strict rules here about when we can and can’t be out.  So it was a pretty big deal that they let us go.  It was at St. Savior’s Church, which is such a beautiful church. The man was a local from Jerusalem he played 5 really beautiful pieces.  

No comments:

Post a Comment