Saturday, October 8, 2011

Conference

  Today we had a quick sacrament meeting and then watched the Saturday afternoon session of Conference. I absolutely love conference! I have to admit it made me A LOT homesick thinking that usually on conference we are at the cabin with the family playing games, and just enjoying being with each other. But if I had to pick an alternative place to be Jerusalem's not a bad choice!
  I think one of my favorite talks this session was Carl B Cooks, he talked about how its better to look up.  A lot of things happen in this life (like Curt says life isn't the reward, its the trial...) and there are two ways we can look up or down. And I choose up. He talks about how much joy can come from looking up and giving our burdens to our Savior.  It was such a beautiful message and something that I can definitely work on in life.



Yom Kippur

   Today is the Jewish holiday Yom Kippur. Yom Kippur is the day of atonement and is the holiest days of the year for them.  So after conference a group of us decided to go observe this holiday day....and what better way then going to the Western Wall and then to a Jewish synagogue. I love how the Jewish people worship there is absolutely no shame and are usually very humble and open about it.  There were many people humbly praying and it was so peaceful.  The men in our group were able to go right into the synagogue and worship with them while the girls when to an observation balcony. It was a once in a life time experience that I am very grateful I was able to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment