Friday, September 30, 2011

Arabian Night -- "Like Arabian days, More often than not Are hotter than hot In a lot of good ways"

This week consisted of trying to catch up on sleep from Turkey, studying for midterms, and going out in the city for a couple of hours just to get out.  Last night however we were able to have a little break from studying and live it up.  We had Arabian night (instantly thought of Aladdin) it was a lot of fun, got all dressed up in our Arabian get up. We had a couple of guys come and say the call to prayer live, which gave me more of an appreciation for what i wake up to at 4am. ha Then they made us some authentic food. I might not have been a huge fan of the food but it was fun to try it! At dinner I sat by cute sister Ludlow who I absolutely love she reminds me so much of Aunt Jackie, I teach her two girls in primary, and it makes me feel a little closer to home. After dinner we went in and had a little dance party they taught us a traditional dance and we all looked silly trying to follow their lead but it was great! Just what the doctor ordered!

Pictures to come.

P.S. This is probably mainly for my mom but my professor has a blog and he can upload a ton of pictures and videos of all of us and what we are doing. He also is better at all the details and info so if you want to check it out feel free!
http://huntsmansintheholyland.blogspot.com/  

No comments:

Post a Comment