Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Jordan!

First off I may or may not have broken Blakes computer... now I say may or may not because I never dropped it, got it wet, or done all of those things that usually break a computer it just wont turn on so I dont have a computer anymore so blog post may be more delayed then they usually are! But hopefully I wont get too annoying asking other's to use their computers!

On a happier note I just got back from Jordan which was amazing! We had such a good time I fall in love with each place we go!

Jordan trumped Turkey in these ways...
1) the food- The food in Jordan was amazing so much better then Turkey which seemed a little backwards to me
2) Petra- Need I say more?
3) Not as many long bus rides!

Petra-

Picture this.. Watching Indiana Jones the week before going to Petra.. the whole room is cheering after the movie ends and the anxiety for it is building up! Then as you get there you are getting more and more excited... as you walk down the Siq it looks a lot like the Grand Canyon or Zions. It is absolutely beautiful! The tour guide is telling us all this cool yet not relevant information and I am going crazy just wanting to see the Treasury (and secretly wishing Harrison Ford will be there waiting for me). I cant even tell you how excited I was and it probably felt like the longest walk of my life getting there.. But it was well worth it! All of the sudden we turn a corner and you see this.....

(A picture will come soon enough I promise! ha)

Pretty amazing right? It was such a cool place and I got to ride my camel! After seeing the treasury together they let us break off and have some free time. So a couple of us decided to go to the Monastery, we heard that it was just a walk up to it. So as we are walking we soon realize that this may have been more then we bargained for. ha! It soon turned into an hour and a half up hill hike with Shannon and Aubrey having to stop at every necklace vendor possible. haha It might not sound too bad but when there is at least 10 up and they all have the same necklaces... yeah for a non shopper this is difficult! hah But it was well worth it because at the top the monastery was one of the most beautiful buildings and huge!! I dont understand how they built it but im sure glad they did. Dont worry on the way down we again had to stop at all the vendors!

Jordan River-

The last day in Jordan we stopped at the Jordan river and went to a site of Jesus's Baptism It was beautiful.. the water was all murky and  not quite what I expected but the experience was amazing.  Its interesting because we were sitting in Jordan (of course) and the only thing that was separating us from Israel was the river, they told us not to talk to the people on the other side. We were able to have a devotional and our Professor gave a sweet testimony then he asked a couple people to bare their testimony on their baptism, and then we sang the primary baptismal song. It was really nice to go and touch the water and think about the covenants I've made with my Father in Heaven and thank Christ for his perfect example. It was a perfect way to end our Jordan trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment